What is Pharmacy?
The pharmacy profession plays a vital role in the healthcare system of Singapore. It reaches into almost all aspects of medicine and health care – from direct patient care to the forefront of pharmaceutical research.
What do Pharmacists do?
Pharmacists are drug experts concerned about patients’ health and wellness. In the hospital setting, pharmacists work closely with other healthcare professionals to deliver optimal health outcomes.
These are some functions carried out by hospital pharmacists:
- dispense medications and educate patients on the safe use of their medications
- provide drug information to doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals
- make sterile preparations
- provide clinical pharmacy services
- participate in research and clinical trials
Is Pharmacy for me?
If you have good communication skills and would like to pursue a rewarding career in health care, pharmacy would be the right career for you.