What is "severe disability"?
“Severe disability” is the inability to perform at least three of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
Am I covered under ElderShield?
Log on to the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board website with your SingPass.
After logging in, please select “My Messages” and check under the “Healthcare” section. If you are covered under ElderShield, this section will also let you know the ElderShield insurer you are covered under.
Steps to make an ElderShield claim
1) You may either visit your insurer’s website or contact the insurer’s Customer Service Centre to obtain the following:
- A copy of the claim form (You may call to request for it to be mailed to you)
- The list of appointed assessors
2) Arrange for the patient’s condition to be assessed by an appointed assessor.* The assessor will complete the assessment form and return it to the insurer for processing.
3) You will receive the first payout either by cheque or it will be credited into your bank account 90 days after your claim has been approved.
*There is a charge for the assessment. Your insurer will reimburse the assessment fee to you if your claim is successful. If your claim is unsuccessful, you will have to pay for the cost of the assessment.
Have more questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions on ElderShield.