STAY ACTIVE, HEALTHY AND SOCIALLY ENGAGED
Active ageing programmes (AAPs) encourage seniors to stay active, healthy and socially engaged. Seniors can join these programmes that are located in their neighbourhood.
Sweat it out in group exercise sessions
Learn a range of different exercises, including Zumba Gold, Kpop fitness, stretch band exercises and low impact aerobics. These exercises help to strengthen the seniors’ joints and muscles, improve their heart health and circulation, and keep their minds and bodies healthy!
Stay active through social activities
- Seniors' health workshops: Through fun-filled workshops, seniors will learn more about food and nutrition, healthy ageing and get tips on making healthier lifestyle choices to improve and maintain their physical, mental and functional health.
- Healthy cooking classes: Seniors can learn how to prepare healthy dishes through live demonstrations by instructors.
- Social activities: Seniors can keep their minds active and make new friends through social activities such as Rummy-O, Karaoke and Café-Corner.
THE "A, B, C"S OF AGEING WELL
Through the Community Network for Seniors (CNS), government agencies and community partners work together to bring “ABC” – Active Ageing, Befriending, and Care and Support – to help seniors age gracefully.
Call the AIC Hotline at 1800 650 6060* to find out more about the active ageing programmes in your community.
* Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 8.30pm or Saturday: 8.30am to 4pm except public holidays.
Read the stories of seniors who participate in active ageing programmes:
- Mr Ho Ye Ming, 72 - 身体脑力同运动 活跃乐龄防痴呆 (Shin Min Daily, 29 Nov 2019)
- Mdm Hajjah Asnah Pajaroin, 70 - Thriving together in their 70s (The Sunday Times, 24 Nov 2019)
- Mr Abdullah Suaib, 67 - Gembira Program Happy jaya tingkat kecerdasan di usia senja (Berita Minggu, 24 Nov 2019)
- Mdm Rokiah Abdullah, 76 - பகிர்ந்துஉண்டுஆரோக்கியத்தைப்பேணுவோம் (Tamil Murasu, 24 Nov 2019)
- Mdm Ko Bee Heng, 53 - 参加活跃乐龄活动 身心更健康 (Lianhe Zaobao, 19 Feb 2019)
- Mdm Sarjit Kaur Khosa, 86 - Former educator Sarjit Kaur Khosa stays active at 86 (The Sunday Times, 17 Feb 2019)
- Mdm Zoriah Yousof, 65 - Tubuh lemah kerana pembedahan kembali sihat, segar lepas amal pelbagai senaman (Berita Minggu, 17 Feb 2019)
- Mr Parmjit Singh, 52 - முதுமைக் காலத்தில் துடிப்புமிக்க வாழ்க்கைமுறை (Tamil Murasu, 17 Feb 2019)